Industry Mentorship Simulation
Margdarshan is an INDUSTRY MENTORSHIP SIMULATION HR ACTIVITY, in order to achieve a business outcome, i.e. to maximize the company’s profit.
Data based on the actual HR metrics used in a boardroom is used throughout the competition to simulate information provided to management (that’s you!). Based on this information, the participant teams are expected to answer the questions put forth by the board as a part of the simulation. Each choice the team makes has an impact on the profit.
The preliminary round would be an article submission round with the topic- SHARED WORKSPACES HAVE MADE SELF-EMPLOYMENT EASIER THAN EVER BEFORE. COMMENT. The final round would contain multiple HR scenarios, there would be questions based on each scenario and MENTORS FROM THE INDUSTRY, would guide the respective teams through the simulation. The team(s) achieving the maximum profit will be declared victorious.
Registrations Starting soon.
- Team size: 2 members. Cross college teams are not allowed. Open only to post-graduate management students.
- The preliminary round is an article writing competition, the topic for which is mentioned above. Participants must submit a 750 word write up on the topic. The font type should be “Times New Roman”, font size should be “12” and line spacing should be “1.0”.
- Nomenclature of file name: Margdarshan_collegename_teamname
- Submit your articles in pdf format to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any article with more than 10% plagiarism will not be accepted.
- Based on the evaluation of the article, top 5 teams will be shortlisted for the final simulation round.
- The final round would be on-campus. Each team would be assigned a mentor from the industry. The mentor- mentee teams would play a simulation game that has a number of complex scenarios.
- The team attaining the maximum profit would be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 25,000. The team with the second highest profit would stand to earn a cash prize of Rs. 15,000.
- Decision of the organizers will be final and binding.
- One person can be a part of only one team.
- Any number of teams can participate from one institute.
To know the shortlisted participants and winners, please keep checking our FB page – https://www.facebook.com/HRiday.GIM.HRClub
*Preliminary and final rounds are unrelated.
- Registration Starts: 25th January, 2019
- Registration Closes: 31st January, 2019; 1 PM
- Article submission deadline: 31st January, 2019; 11:59 PM
- Announcement of Shortlist: 2nd February, 2019
- Final Round: 9th February, 2019