Industry Mentorship Simulation
Margdarshan is an INDUSTRY MENTORSHIP SIMULATION HR Competition, in order to achieve a business outcome, i.e., to maximize the company’s profit.
Data based on the actual HR metrics used in a boardroom is used throughout the competition to simulate information provided to management. Based on this information, the participating teams are expected to answer the questions put forth by the board as a part of the simulation. Each choice the team makes has an impact on the profit.
The preliminary round would be a 45 minutes long HR simulation game. The game simulates how HR deals with issues and provide advice to management and quantifies how the advice will influence the financial performance of a company. The final round would contain multiple HR scenarios, there would be questions based on each scenario and mentors from the industry, would guide the respective teams through the simulation. The team(s) achieving the maximum profit will be declared victorious.
- Team size: 2 members. Cross college teams are not allowed. Open only to post-graduate management students.
- In round 1, for every question, the board asks, from the available options, the team has to choose the option they deem to be the best. Every choice made by the team would impact the company’s profits.
- Player registration ID and other details required to access the round 1 will be emailed to each team by our simulation partner HR Strategizer on 14th February 2021 before 5:00 PM.
- Round 1 will be played on HR Margdarshan website.
- The competition will commence at 7:00 PM on the 14th of February 2021. Teams are given 45 minutes to submit their responses to HR issues. Teams are free to change their choices till the simulation ends at 7:45 PM and they submit their input.
- Based on the choices made & profit generated by the teams in the round 1, top 7 teams will be shortlisted for the final simulation round scheduled on 20th February 2021.
- The final round would contain question over multiple HR scenarios. Each team would be assigned a mentor from the industry. The mentor-mentee teams would play a simulation game that has several complex scenarios.
- The team attaining the maximum profit would be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 15,000. The team with the second-highest profit would stand to earn a cash prize of Rs. 10,000.
- Both rounds would be online.
- Only one member from each team would be able to play the simulations. Team members can collaborate through online meeting platforms.
- The decision of the organizers will be final and binding.
- One person can be a part of only one team.
- Any number of teams can participate from one institute.
*Preliminary and final rounds are unrelated.
- Registration Starts: 7th February 2021
- Registration Closes: 13th February, 2021; 11:59 PM
- Round 1: 14th February 2021; 7:00 PM
- Announcement of Shortlist: 16th February 2021
- Final Round: 20th February 2021